Dr Ludlow built and occupied this house in Delhi, which he named 'Ludlow Castle'. After his death it was used as residence for the commissioner. From 1857 it became the Delhi club, and in the 1890's the estate was given to a school, which demolished the castle during the 1960's and replaced it with a school building. However, the school retained the name, which is also the name of a bus-stop.
© Victoria and Albert Museum, London
Photographer: Felice Beato
Albumen photographic print