Built as a residence by Nawab Saadat Ali Khan (r.1798-1814), it is no longer in existence. "During the Mutiny, this building was made the Head Quarters of the rebel Genenral, Burkat Ahmud; as to who built it, or what use it was formerly put to, history is conflicting: at present it is occupied by Captain Pitcher, Judge of the Small Cause Court."
Photographer: Darogha Abbas Ali
From the book
The Lucknow album : containing a series of fifty photographic views of Lucknow and its environs together with a large sized plan of the city (1874)
Read the full book