This photograph of Kadum Rasul from 'The Lucknow Album: containing a series of fifty photographic views of Lucknow,' was taken by Darogha Abbas Ali c.1874. Kadum Rasul, located along the Gumti River near the Shahnajaf Imambara, is a Muslim shrine, connected to the Prophet Muhammad's footprints. Commissioned by Nawab Ghazi-ud-din Haider (r. 1814-1827) it is a simple square structure with a single central dome.
From the book
The Lucknow album : containing a series of fifty photographic views of Lucknow and its environs together with a large sized plan of the city (1874)
Read the full book