Bruce's Bridge, also know as Monkey Bridge, was built c.1866 to cross the Gumti River linking Lucknow University on the northern bank to the Chattar Manzil on the southern bank.
"There was formerly a bridge of boats here; the present bridge was built in 1865, and completed in 1866, under the superintendence of Mr. Bruce, the Municipal Engineer."
Source: First photograph is from British Library website and the second one is from from the book
The Lucknow album : containing a series of fifty photographic views of Lucknow and its environs together with a large sized plan of the city (1874)
Read the full book